Friday 10 August 2012

Alex's painting

I did this painting for my boyfriend a week or so ago, it's of the old west Brighton Pier which burnt down. It was a nightmare to paint as there's so much detail! I would be looking at one bit then lose where I was painting, so towards the end I just made up little bits to make it more like the shape of the pier as Brighton is where we will both be studying for uni. I didn't manage to get a photo of him holding it though, and he probably wouldn't of done it, he hates his photo being taken :) Ive taken photos as I've been painting it to show it building up.



It took me a day to do, I woke up at 7AM and worked through the day till about 5ish, thats dedication! I don't like to spend to much time on my work as I tend to over-analyse it, which makes me want to start all over again! I'm pleased with it and I'm confident with acrylic now so I've started trying out different mediums. I've started going to a pastel class with my mum, pastels are quite uncontrollable and are different to acrylic so I'm training myself how to use them and hopefully I'll have some work to post soon,

Thanks for reading,




No comments:

Post a Comment