Tuesday 13 September 2011

SUEDE+SCALLOPED=70'S

My sister Helen has kindly modelled my first ever post for me!!…At the weekend I styled her in a vintage brown suede skirt, which is very on trend due to it being suede and the scalloped edged hem, with an embroided blouse. Most of my clothing I have sourced from charity shops, as I love that the pieces have had a life and been worn. This blouse I bought from my local charity shop and it was only £2.99 so I HAD to buy it.

The look has a late 60′s/70′s vibe to it, probably due to her GORGEOUS long blonde hair! With this blouse a long leather skirt would look great, one that finishes mid-calf, also with a floppy large hat, YSL style!….

I think that the scalloped edge came into fashion due to the 70′s/vintage styles that came into fashion a few seasons ago, the 70′s started with chloe’s A/W 2010-11 collection I think. This collection for me screams 70's, from the beige shades to the turtle necks. 70's silhouettes are prominent still in Fashion, but it's developed into the geek chic/androgynous trends. I currently LOVE the embellished beaded collared shirts paired with high waisted shorts as seen at New York Fashion Week s/s 2012 by Jason Wu.

Chloe- A/W 2010-11




Jason Wu Spring/Summer 2012

For my Autumn/Winter wardrobe I'm going to try and incorporate this look, but do a smart cashmere jumper over an embroided collared blouse as it still remains that Vintage feel, and will keep my warmer for the chilly months!

Hoped you enjoyed my post,
Till next time keep hunting for those great Vintage bargains,

Kate xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment