Tuesday 27 September 2011

London fashion week....

Meadham Kirchhoff

This collection is such a cheerful and girly collection, you can't help but love it. At first glance, you just see the bright pastel shades, but when you look closer you see all the little details. Like the laser cutting on the white dress, and that's when you realise how brilliant this collection is. It reminds me of when young girls play dress up in their mums clothes, with the hair roughly painted, hearts and bows everywhere and make-up roughly put on..
The collection is not usually something I'd like, but this one I do! I think that as a look it's so striking and stands out a mile, but when you break down the outfits you see all the garments individually...



David Longshaw

He graduated Central Saint Martins in 2007 and made his debut collection last season for A/W 11.. His collection is personal and brilliant due to the fabric prints, he creates his own illustrations then puts them onto his chosen fabrics. 
I really like the idea of mixing two areas of fashion into one, illustration sometimes borders on art but here it's fashion design and illustration. For more images check out..... http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spring-summer-2012/ready-to-wear/david-longshaw#/image/1 f
Illstration for Spring/Summer 12 collection
S/S 12
S/S 12

Illustrations on scarfs

Mary Karantzou

I first saw Karantzou's work for her S/S 11 collection and I thought it was something new and interesting. Every time I think of her I see those structured, rigid skirts covered by luscious patterns, and everything else with a pattern on. I was really looking forward to seeing what she did for this season, it was different to what I expected, but a good different. 
 I think this collection has multiple influences such as; a tribal art feel in some of the prints, a definate nature influence, and in parts of the fabric it almost looks like shiny metals surface....
www.voicesoffashion.co.uk
The spring/Summer 11 collection

S/S 12
S/S 12

Thankyou for reading!
Let me know your favourite designers from London, there are soooo many to choose from :)
Kate xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment