Friday 16 September 2011

My New Purchase!!

I brought this chiffon skirt from a charity shop for only £2.80!! It is originally brought from Marks and Spencer/St Michael. This is my day wear outfit with the skirt, below is my evening wear choice. I would also like it if it was longer creating a wider skirt. I teamed it with my Vintage red blazer and a red scalloped edge top as I wanted to do a statement look. It is a little obvious but sometimes I feel that an outfit doesn't need to be overly accessorised or busy and layered (even though I do love a good print!).

This outfit is styled in the same way as above, in a simplistic way. I felt the open back was a great canvas to put something exciting there, so I turned a necklace backwards so the tassels went down the back and it fitted perfectly! I really wanted to show the open back leotard (that again was sourced from a charity shop), I don't know what I'd do if there wasn't any second hand shops!!! They are my inspiration point, which has led me to recently think about volanteering in a charity shop so I'll keep you updated about that. 

I'm so excited right now about fashion week, I keep visiting Vogue.com in search for new photos from the shows! I will be posting my favourite trends and individual shows but from what I've seen from New York fashion week. The contenders for Best show would have to be Prabal Gurang - gorgeous use of sheers, Jason Wu - with his everlasting geek chic elegance and Zac Posen, Coco Rocha's finale dress was to die for, so so beautiful!!

Thanks for reading,
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment