Tuesday 14 February 2012

Hormazd Narielwalla

I've just discovered this brilliant artist/ illustrator. I love how he gets fashion related objects to collage on/ with. He has used pattern masters, pattern pieces etc to collage with. His pattern pieces are sourced from bespoke Savile Row tailoring patterns.

"His fascination of tailoring archive earned him the only International Rector’s Scholarship from the University of Arts London at London College of Fashion. His research focuses on exploring a new value for the pattern by looking at them as historical documents and beautiful drawings in their own right, the British Raj being the context."  http://narielwalla.com/about/


He totally fascinates me, his way of collaging is so inspiring , I find that my style is similar, in that I like to explore the use of space and layouts. He has been my main inspiration for my current project at collage so I'll be uploading photos of my final pieces later this month, hope you like them.


Here is some examples of his work:


Hormazd Narielwalla

Fairy-God, Fashion Mother” series by Hormazd Narielwalla
Love how he has included her trademark head piece.

From the "Victorian" series by Hormazd Narielwalla

                                                                                            Love Kate xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment