Tuesday 11 September 2012

Anyone else loving NY fashion week?


S/S 13 has finally started! New York fashion week began last Wednesday showcasing many designers, both upcoming and established big names; Zac Posen- the king of an evening gown showcased a collection littered with all the top models, Victoria Beckham- very wearable collection and I consider it to be her best collection to date, as well as Jason Wu- The man that never can go wrong with his uber feminine dresses! I have a few favourites from the week so far, Rag and Bone, Suno and Honor, from them I've chosen what I feel are a few of the key trends on the catwalk so far. I have noticed that the collections aren't so skimpy and have more layers in then usual.

London is just round the corner and I'm lucky enough to have been invited to PPQ's fashion show! The invitation was from a friend of mine, Natalie, who's a very talented illustrator and has just designed a cushion range which is definitely worth a check out for presents or if you want to jazz up your house! You can see her work out here

Below are a few trends I've noticed and my interpretation of them from my wardrobe:

MIX PIN-STRIPES
This trend is with the pin-stripes travelling horizontally and vertically on the same outfit, which is usually a no go area, but it can be subtle or bold, depending on how daring you feel! I decided to mix up the scale of the stripe and also the colour as below it's mostly blue and white. My aim was to have as many stripes going on as possible :)
          KUNO | KUNO | RAG AND BONE | RAG AND BONE | TOMMY HILFIGER                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Sunglasses: £2.99 H&M
Necklace: bought ages ago from H&M
Shirt(was a dress): £3.99 Charity shop
Over-shirt: £8 Vintage shop in Brighton
Skirt: £12 Topshop sale
Shoes: Debenhams £25

WHITES EVERYWHERE
I know, it's ALWAYS going to be a summer trend and is a guarantee seller but it grabbed my eye as, a lot of the collections first looks were white. To me I find wearing white quite boring as I love bright prints and colour so it was hard to not throw colour in, I looked a little wedding-ey! 

BOY AND GIRL BY BAND OF OUTSIDERS | CHRISTIAN SIRIANO | CUSHNIE ET OCHS | CUSHNIE ET OCHS | CREATURES OF THE WIND | PRABAL GURUNG |



Dress: Given to me
Scarf: £2.49 Charity shop
My much loved battered Belt that Mum wants me to get rid of: £1 Charity shop


METALLIC/ETHIC
I've started to love metallics recently so I'm glad it's on the runways, but here they are more like shiny satins and silks so it isn't as metallic as the high street are currently doing however, it's a nice transition from the pretty brash Christmas tree fabrics. I have nothing really that metallic so I opted for a silk top with my Final Collection plastic skirt :)
PRABAL GURUNG | GREGORY PARKINSON | SUNO | PRABAL GURUNG | SUNO | IMITATION OF CHRIST |



Top: £3.99 Charity shop 
Necklace: Topshop 
Skirt: Made by me!
Shoes: Debenhams £24.99

I love ethic patterns so here's a collection of a few I have knocking about in my crowded room.

Thanks for reading, 
hope you're all enjoying and getting inspired by New York fashion week,


2 comments: