Thursday 7 June 2012

Photoshoot time!

As promised here is my latest work, Ive been working on a collection at college thats based on the 1940's (Even though certain looks got a little influenced by 50's/60's ) I hope I managed to maintain the style of the 40's. My muse for this project was the gorgeous Hedy Lamarr, it's not surprising that she was known for being 'the most beautiful woman on film' but also she had a unique style which set her apart.


Below are my final shots from the photoshoot! We went to the Needle Muesum in Redditch last week just before the heavens opened! My beautiful sister Helen modelled for me, We decided to go for a classic hair and make-up look, I wanted to throw in a few rolls but they just wouldn't stay. All of the looks are made up of 2 garments, which allows the collection to be mix & matched. Let me know what you guys think :)



With this look I decided to add a PVC panel at the bottom to give it an contempory feel and its printed with 40's style netting. The top is a simple crepe cross over with pleats so it hangs beautifully:)
Now this look turned a little 60's but i really wanted to create a fully PVC top with the print designed by me. I feel it keeps the modesty of the 40's.
This top is from the same pattern as the top above just without the sleeves and i created a tight long pencil skirt. I Really love this look and looks very effective in person.
For this look I used this check salmon fabric, it isn't as dull as this in person, I added a plastic collar to keep the PVC looking cohesive.


These garments and photos will be exhibited at the Artrix in Bromsgrove for all of next week along with other students final major projects. 




 


"I'd rather wear jewels in my hair than anywhere else. The face should have the advantage of this brilliance."
Hedy Lamarr


"I'm a sworn enemy of convention. I despise the conventional in anything, even the arts."
Hedy Lamarr




Thanks for reading,

Kate xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment